- Duty at Tennallytown, Md., August 2 to October 10, 1861,
- and at Camp Pierpont, near Langley, Va., till March, 1862.
- Skirmish at Great Falls September 4, 1861.
- Advance on Manassas, Va., March 10-15, 1862.
- McDowell’s advance on Falmouth April 9-19.
- Duty at Fredericksburg till June.
- Moved to White House June 9-11.
- Seven days before Richmond June 25-July 1.
- Battles of Mechanicsville June 26; Gaines Mill June 27; Charles City Cross Roads
- and Glendale June 30; Malvern Hill July 1.
- At Harrison’s Landing till August 16.
- Movement to join Pope August 16-26.
- Battles of Gainesville August 28; Groveton August 29; Bull Run August 30.
- Maryland Campaign September 6-24.
- Battles of South Mountain, Md., September 14; Antietam September 16-17.
- Duty in Maryland till October 30.
- Movement to Falmouth, Va., October 30-November 19.
- Battles of Fredericksburg, Va., December 12-15.
- “Mud March” January 20-24, 1863.
- Ordered to Washington, D.C., February 6, and duty there
- and at Alexandria till April, 1864.
- Rapidan Campaign.
- Battles of the Wilderness, Va., May 5-7; Laurel Hill May 8; Spottsylvania May 8-17.
- Assault on the Salient May 12.
- Left the front May 17.
- Mustered out May 24 1864.
Regiment lost during service:
5 Officers and 153 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and
68 Enlisted men by disease.
- Dyer, Frederick H. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion Compiled and Arranged from Official Records of the Federal and Confederate Armies, Reports of he Adjutant Generals of the Several States, the Army Registers, and Other Reliable Documents and Sources, Des Moines, Iowa: The Dyer Publishing Company, 1908.